Wednesday, September 22, 2010

meat. fruit. brown sugar. yes.

Ally, here.

I've been eating pork chops for a few years now. I'm a huge fan of their versatility. They taste good seasoned. They taste good marinated. They taste good baked and grilled. And now I know that they taste good with apples.

In my quest to use all of the apples from our apple-picking adventure, I dove into the world of cooking, rather than baking, with apples. And it turned out quite well, if I may say so myself. I created some apple brown sugar pork chops, perfect for serving at an autumn dinner.

Here's what you'll need:

-2 pork chops (I would recommend getting a thicker variety than I used so they have more time to cook and absorb all the flavors)
-salt and pepper
-1 tbsp butter
-1 apple, thinly sliced
-2/3 cup brown sugar

Here's what to do:

1. Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and pepper. Brown the meat and remove from the pan.

2. Melt butter in the same pan.


3. Add apple slices and brown sugar. Mix together and let simmer, about 2 minutes.


4. Return pork chops to the pan and cook thoroughly.


I recommend getting some meat and some apples in each bite. The flavor is a bit reminiscent of maple syrup. Yum. You're going to love it.

1 comment:

  1. So I referenced this post in my blog, hope that's ok! I really enjoy living vicariously through you Ally!

    ReplyDelete