Did you ever eat cheese toast? Is that a common thing, or just in my house growing up?
My little sister, Emily, lived on cheese toast.
2 pieces of white bread with a slice of American cheese on each one, popped in the microwave for a few seconds. It may not sound so appetizing, but it worked for the picky eater.
Recently I made up a little more "grown up" version of cheese toast. Emily still might not enjoy it, but I thought it was pretty darn good.
Garden Cheese Toast
1 loaf of your favorite savory bread (the Whole Foods Seeduction bread has been a recent favorite)
(Plus S&P, olive oil)
Crushed red pepper & garlic powder
1. Slice zucchini and squash into thin disc-pieces. Slice shallots just the same.
2. Sprinkle with S&P and drizzle with plenty of olive oil
3. Roast in oven for 10-15 minutes on 425 degrees (until lightly browned and soft)
4. Slice bread into thick pieces. This recipe will make 3-4 servings
5. Cut mozzarella into thin sheets, enough for each piece of toast to be completely covered
6. When veggies are done, share their love across the toast pieces.
Sprinkle with crushed red pepper & garlic powder
7. Then, pile on the cheese!
You can be like Chad and get artsy with it, or just chomp it down.
Either one gets your dose of veggies in!