Monday, April 12, 2010

dinner party.

Ally, here.

Well, I've just hit a milestone. I celebrated my 21st birthday on Thursday, and as I am now a full-fledged adult, I've decided to become a bit more sophisticated. I celebrated my birthday with a dress-up dinner party in the backyard. I prepared the main course, asparagus and mozzarella stuffed chicken, while the guests brought side dishes and desserts. I'm telling you, there's nothing better than enjoying a great meal with great friends. And doing so in the great outdoors (well, as great as the outdoors can get in the middle of the city) makes it even better.
Here's the recipe for the chicken. You're going to love it.

Ingredients:
chicken breast (one for each person)
asparagus
mozzarella cheese
butter
black pepper
garlic (powder or the real deal)
basil
EVOO

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Beat the chicken breast until it is thin enough to easily fold/roll. (I'm limited on tools, so I used the back of an ice cream scoop.)
  3. Put a dab of butter in the middle of the chicken breast.
  4. Lay whole asparagus (I did 4 or 5 pieces) in the middle of the chicken breast.
  5. Sprinkle with pepper.
  6. Sprinkle with mozzarella (in my opinion, the more cheese the better).
  7. Roll the chicken breast until the asparagus and cheese are nicely contained.
  8. Sprinkle the top with basil and garlic, followed by a drizzle of EVOO.
  9. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
This is a great dish for a large group. It only takes a few minutes to prepare, and it's not too expensive to make. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment