For the past 21 years, I've hated cream cheese. I don't know why, but I have refused to eat anything involving the substance. Cheesecake, cream cheese frosting, you name it.
I have changed my ways. And it has been so good.
The fiancé (a cream cheese lover his entire life) is thrilled. I crave cheesecake on a regular basis. But lately, with all of this summer fruit floating around, I've been in the mood for fruit pizza.
Fruit pizza may be one of the best desserts ever. Or breakfasts (if you are my mom). The fruit makes it seem healthy, so you won't feel guilty for indulging in an extra slice.
Here's what you'll need:
-2 rolls refrigerated sugar cookie dough
-1 1/2 packages cream cheese
-3/4 cup sugar
-the fruits of your choice (I used pineapple, strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, and raspberries)
Here's what to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread 3/4 of the cookie dough on a round pizza pan. Use the remaining dough for individual cookies (to make into little pizzas).
3. Bake as directed on package.
4. While the cookie cools, mix cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Prepare the fruits of your choosing.
5. After cookie cools, frost with cream cheese and sugar mixture. Top with assorted fruits.
You can get really creative with your decorating, so go wild! If you are making this for a party, I'd recommend making individual sized fruit pizzas by baking a few dozen cookies, rather than one giant pizza.
Try it. You're going to love it.