Thursday, October 14, 2010

it's breakfast time.

Ally, here.

Some days, you just need pancakes.

And since it's pumpkin season, you probably need pumpkin pancakes. It's finally getting cold here in Kentucky (and by that, I mean that the temperature has dropped below 70 for the time being), so it's nice to enjoy a warm breakfast drowned in syrup.

I should confess that I love syrup. While I do love pancakes, I think I consume a higher volume of syrup than pancakes for breakfast. But these pumpkin pancakes were so tasty that syrup was simply a side dish, rather than the main event.

I should also confess that I am terrible at making pancakes. Try as I might, I can never get that beautiful round shape. Mine always turn out a bit abstract. So please pardon the pancakes in my photos. They look rough, but they tasted so good!


Here's what you'll need:

-1 cup pancake mix (I used Aunt Jemima's Whole Wheat Blend)
-1 cup milk (I used vanilla soymilk)
-1 tablespoon canola oil
-1 egg
-1 cup canned pumpkin
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
-1/2 teaspoon allspice

Here's what to do:

1. Combine pancake mix, milk, oil, and egg in a bowl. Mix until well blended.

2. Combine pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice in another bowl. This will smell wonderful as the pumpkin mixes with the spices.

3. Add the pumpkin mixture to the pancake mix bowl and mix until combined.

4. Cook pancakes on a griddle or skillet. Enjoy with syrup and coffee!


Enjoy another taste of fall! You're going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment