Tuesday, August 31, 2010

calories never count on birthdays

Becca, here.

To celebrate the beginning of another year in my life/my first and only year of being 21, my sweet friends made sure every moment was full of goodness.  And by that, I mean food goodness.


Here's what went into our bellies on the day I turned 21....

 Natalie & Meredith woke up at 6:30am (seriously, so blessed to have them!) to give me a waffle maker, and make me waffles! Complete with berry sauce! (This is important because I prefer all foods with anything extra they can take...syrup, ketchup, cheese, marinara, hot sauce, icing, Cane's sauce...). 


Berry Sauce
1 cup blackberries
1 cup raspberries
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch

1. Combine all ingredients (minus cornstarch) in saucepan over medium heat
2. When sugar is dissolved add cornstarch
3.  Enjoy on...anything

When my birthday comes along, I specialize in eating ample amounts of cake.  And then purging our apartment of all cake the following month.  Or two.  But for that day, and several days to follow, I enjoy every bite.

Perks of small classes is that we know everyone.  And know when birthday's are...

Erica brought this beautiful cake to our morning class.  It was just as delicious as it was gorgeous!
Check out her cakes!


It's true.  My favorite food is pizza.  And preferably, make your own.  So my sweet friends made a night with pizza...and more cake...for my birthday.  It's my favorite thing: sitting around the dinner table eating good food with friends, laughing, and celebrating.
(Feta cheese is the best pizza topping. Hands down.)


















Meredith made my delectable birthday cake for the night! Chocolate, of course. With a nod to some coffee added into batter.  (Berry Sauce over it goes pretty well for the leftovers..)
Props to good old Martha Stewart for this "Ultimate Chocolate Cake".  And props to Meredith for baking it with a whole lotta love!


Birthday's are wonderful.  My favorite time to celebrate friends, make their day something to remember, and enjoy life that we are overwhelmingly blessed to have.  Whatever we do for birthdays though, you better believe it includes food.  I'll keep you updated in the coming months!  Thanks sweet friends for all you did to make my day that much more beautiful. And! Thanks to my blogger pal, Meagan I can be a "real" food blogger with my new apron!! I have a feeling it will force me to get more messy as I throw things around the kitchen.  I'll let you all know.




No comments:

Post a Comment