Thursday, May 27, 2010

all around the mulberry bush...

Ally, here.

I've lived in the same house for 18 years. In all of these years, we cannot remember the bush next to our house ever producing berries. After wondering what was going on with our tree for the past week or so, we finally discovered that it is full of mulberries. What's a mulberry? I really had no idea.

I did a little wikipedia-ing, and discovered that they are, indeed, edible berries. This got me super excited.

I spent the next 30 minutes picking mulberries from the bush, channeling my inner farm girl and picking berries from the highest branches I could reach from my oh-so-shaky ladder. (I am sure my mom is thrilled, as I can now pick the berries before they cover the sidewalk in big, purple splats.)


So now I have a bowl full of berries. I prefer to think of this as a bowl full of possibilities. I'm thinking smoothies, coffee cake, pie...

You'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment