Sunday, December 5, 2010

day 7: raspberry cake bars

Ally, here.

We're more than halfway through the 12 days of cookies! Day 7 brings Sandra Lee's raspberry cake bars. I've made something really similar to this before, but I used oats as the topping, I believe. I have to say I preferred the added crunch of the oats, but the husband seemed to be a big fan of the sugar cookie topping.

If you're looking for a quick and simple dessert, this is it. It's virtually impossible to mess up, even if you don't measure anything (which I didn't). With that said, onto the recipe!


Sandra Lee's Raspberry Cake Bars

-1 package (18-oz) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
-3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
-1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
-1/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Sandra Lee suggests lining an 8-inch pan with foil. If you do this, I recommend spraying some cooking spray on the foil, as my dessert stuck a bit to the sides.

Knead together the cookie dough and lemon extract. Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the baking dish.

Spread the jam over the dough. Sprinkle the remainder of the cookie dough over the top of the jam. Scatter the pecans on top.

Bake about 35 minutes, until the edges are brown and the center is cooked through. Let it cool in the pan. Lift the foil to remove the bars.

Like I said, it's pretty simple. You're going to love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment